Saturday 23 October 2010

Shoreditch from Eyeko!

Today I received a little surprise in the post. It was my free gift from Eyeko for my first sale, which in all honesty I'd forgotten about!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is one of their new(ish) lip gloss tubes, which I've not tried before, so I was exited about it.
I'm not going to bore you with details, this is just going to be my first thoughts on the product. I'm not really a huge gloss fan, so please bare that in mind ;)

+ The colour is Shoreditch and I like it. It's what I would call an earthy pink. It's not too blue based nor is it very bright. Wearable :)

+ It's fairly long wearing for a gloss

+ I like the finish: not overly glossy, although this comes at the cost of it being sticky, but I'll get to that in a minute...

+ It smells goooood! Or at least I think so... smells are very subjective of course, and I'm terrible at describing them, but this smells very sweet, kind of like a fake strawberry smell.

+ The packaging is adorable!

- I find the formulation sticky. Now I remember I said that I'm not a gloss person - before this year and Gloss Out 2010 I wouldn't wear gloss at all. It feels quite heavy on my lips, but this is part of what makes it long wearing and in the cold weather I guess I would feel that my lips were protected...

- It's not as opaque as it should be. This sounds stupid, it isn't hugely sheer, but from how it feels on the lips I think they could have made it more pigmented.

Would I repurchase?
If I ever get through the mound of lip gloss I've got then probably yes! I love the colour of this one, I've been looking for a colour like this that was inexpensive for a while and this is near enough perfect for me :)

They're £6.50 from Eyeko and if you enter my code E11416 at the checkout then you'll get a free gift :)




Yes, Eyeko did send me this product, but the opinions are my own. I will always say what I think, if I didn't like something I would say regardless ;)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment