Friday 6 April 2012

Superdrug Colour Effects an experiment.


This is what I used to hopefully create a ginger tone to my muddy blonde hair. My theory was that using the conditioning treatment at the same time would allow the colour to sink in more. I used my current favourite conditioning treatment, which I shall be blogging about at some other time and comparing it with some other lovelies...


So, to start I mixed the two Colour Effects together, que gross looking picture #1:


I then added in the conditioning treatment and mixed further:


I did initially put this mixture on dry hair, but it didn't feel right so I massaged some water in (if that makes sense) with my hands and the consistency seemed to become more normal...

The result:
Thinking about it now, I don't think using the conditioning treatment worked all too well. Although my hair felt nice afterwards, I think it actually stopped the colour from getting into my hair. Maybe if I used only a little bit my hair would have been moisturised AND coloured. However I do like the colour which the Blonde and Red mixed together gave me and will be doing it again ;)


 Before                                                                                        After

 






















Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently doing this right now! I usually use the cool blonde on it's own, but this time I decided to mix it with rich red. I have a similar hair colour to you too :)
    I didn't add any conditioner because I think it leaves my hair conditioned enough without it.

    Can I ask how long you left this on for? Mine's been on for about 20 minutes now and I'm leaving it on longer still (way past the recommended five minutes) in the hope that the colour will take better. I've wrapped my hair in a plastic bag and wrapped a towel around it to keep the heat in (I know doing this with henna gives a more vibrant colour).

    Kerrii :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I did this I left it on for 1 hour. However if you read my newer post, in which I worked out a way to basically dye my hair with this, I now leave it on for well over an hour if I can. The colour takes much better that way and completely colours the hair :) I know it only recommends 5 minutes, but I really don't think you would see any difference in that amount of time.
      All I'd say is that if you're using cool blonde be careful about how long you leave it. I was chatting to another beauty blogger who does a similar thing to me and she once left it one so long that her ends went slightly purple until she washed her hair again :p xx

      Delete